All characters Copy Right all their respected owners, ect. All rights reserved. No, this doesn't actually happen in the Ranma Magna/Anime. That is why this is called fan-FICTION.


0000It had been a normal day at school for Ranma and Akane. At least normal in their world. The two were walking home together, Ranma on the fence and Akane on the ground. It was a beautiful sunny day. The warmth of the sunbeam was enough to make anyone happy. Things were focused upon a different subject though.
0000"Nya." Ranma had stuck out his tongue. "You couldn't even hit the baseball in gym today. You're losing your touch, tomboy."
0000"That's a pretty ugly face, Ranma. I hope it doesn't stick that way."
0000"I've seen your face when you're angry and it's much worse."
0000"Maybe if you were a little closer when watching me I would've had a target to hit!" Akane growled and kicked the fence, hoping that Ranma would lose his balance and topple over into the water behind him. He just jumped farther down the railing and laughed. Yelling, "Ranma no baka!" Akane readied to jump onto the fence.
0000Around a nearby corner popped Happosai. He seemed to be running scared. Then appeared a tall woman chasing him which caught Akane's attention and kept her from pummeling Ranma. She appeared Chinese, had long, straight black hair and was covered in pink clothing. Her face was covered with a ninja-type pink veil. Her fashion was probably the most distracting thing about her.
0000"Help me!" Happosai cried before he was struck unconscious by the woman's club on his large head.
0000After looking up to see Ranma and Akane, She swiftly through a smoke bomb to disappear into the nothingness.
0000"What the hell was that?" Ranma asked Akane as he gaped.
0000"That was very strange..." Akane mumbled.
0000Both were google-eyed. Akane and Ranma continued home after a few minutes, figuring Happosai had just gotten on the wrong side of the woman. It wasn't unusual for a mob of women to be chasing him for stealing their panties. But, they normally didn't scare the wits out of him either. Akane was greeted by Soun when they reached home. He was playing another little game of Shogi against Genma.
0000"How was your day?"
0000"It went the way it usually does. But on the way home, Happosai was jumped by some strange woman."
0000"Really? Happosai said he had began being stalked a few days ago. I wonder if he is okay..."
0000Normally Soun out of anyone had little interest in Happosai. Alas, he had plans on the side. Earlier in the weak he had won money some against him when played poker for the first time in his life. It was roughly 40,000 yen. From a show of her father's seeming charity, Akane's nice side got the best of her.
0000"Maybe we should look for Happosai."
0000"In my opinion, that rat deserves whatever is coming to him." Ranma intervened.
0000"Have you no sympathy, Ranma?" Akane asked in an outraged voice. "Doesn't he have any redeemable attributes?"
0000"You're talking about Happosai, right?"
0000"Nope..." Akane and Ranma said together after a brief pause.
0000"But still," Soun said, "it would be a good idea to check on him. He could be in trouble."
0000"I guess you're right, father. Coming, Ranma?"
0000"There is no way I'm wasting my time looking for that pervert. I don't see why you should be either, Akane."
0000The door then suddenly flung open behind Akane. In walked Ryoga. He looked excited.
0000"Akane, may I help you?"
0000"Th-thankyou, Ryoga. That would be great." Akane was a little surprised at the abrupt offering but was glad it was there.
0000Ranma on the other hand was frustrated. 'How could Ryoga just do that! Interrupting in our business!' He blurted, "I guess I'll help," out of pure concealed jealousy.
0000"Well, three are better than two. Let's go to Happosai's room and search for some clue as to where he was taken." Akane began leading the way.
0000Ryoga had no idea what he was getting into when he offered his help. All he wanted to do was get closer to Akane. Soun had all gains from this. Well, besides getting Happosai back. Ranma's jealousy was at another one of the peaks.
Chapter 1: Where could he have gone?

0000The group searched through almost everything looking for some kind of clue in Happosai's room. Akane started looking through his bureau. It was full of panties of every color and style that could be thought of. The place was a normal small room that matched the rest of the house. Happosai utilized his space well in order to store the maximum amount of panties he could.
0000"Well now we know where they all go..." Ranma said in a comedic sense.
0000They displaced everything in his room looking for something that would help. Afterwards, Happosai's room was a huge mess. Panties were everywhere on the floor. Ranma walked over to a nearby table in the room and picked up a sheet of paper.
0000"Hey, look!" he said, "I think Happosai left this. It says, 'Recently I've been followed by some woman from my past. If she gets me I am sure she'll to terrible things to me. If anyone reads this, please help me. Her name is Suiyoubi, from China.'"
0000"Why didn't you look there earlier!?" Akane said. She was covered with panties still.
0000"I was following your example."
0000Akane tensed up at his words but let it go for the time being.
0000"If we're going to China we're going to need some transportation by way of boat. Any ideas?" said Ryoga.
0000"Perhaps Kuno," Akane brain stormed, "Nabiki has a way with him, too."
0000"What's in it for me?" asked Nabiki after hearing the story. She seemed disinterested. It was obvious she wanted some kind of profit from it. She sipped a drink through a straw as she considered the possibilities.
0000"C'mon, sis! How hard could it be?"
0000"Not very. Kuno's fallen behind on his payments. All right."
0000"Thanks. How long will it take?"
0000"You should have the boat by tomorrow. Just go to the port."
0000The three departed the next day at early morning. There, they met Kuno. He was waiting beside a dinky row boat. It looked as if it could sink any moment.
0000"What thou want here, Saotome?"
0000"Kuno, what are you doing here?"
0000"I was curious what Nabiki wanted my boat for. She asked for the small one so I wanted to see who was going to be using it. Alas, I can't wither to see that my Akane would have to ride such a small, crude thing."
0000"Get to the point, Kuno." Ranma urged. He started to tap his foot, losing patience.
0000Kuno pointed to a luxury boat nearby. The group gawked at it momentarily. Thoughts quickly crossed Akane's mind about how Nabiki was going cheap on them.
0000"I'll even escort you to where you want to go."
0000"That's going too far." Ranma kicked Kuno in the face and jumped onto the boat. He layed motionless on the ground, almost paralyzed. "C'mon guys. This thing is huge. Hey Akane, why was Nabiki going to give us that dinky boat?" Ranma started the engine which had a full tank of gas.
0000"I don't know, but I'm going to have a little talk with her when I get back."
0000The ride left with no troubles. Night soon cast it's sleepy eyes upon our dreary campers. They had scaled halfway across the water to China. Water was everywhere around them and no land was in sight. It seemed as if something bad had to happen at any time now. Things had been too easy. Ryoga layed down on the top deck, staring at the stars with Ranma and Akane.
0000"I took some lessons over the summer. Astrology was one. I can figure out where I am by just looking at the stars now."
0000"That would help you a lot." Akane said in amazement.
0000Ryoga pointed right above them and mentioned, "That's the north star."
0000"That's a satellite, you idiot." Ranma commented.
0000"I didn't ask for your opinion!" Ryoga replied, quick to defend himself. He then decided to take another try. "That has to be it, then."
0000"Nope, guess again."
0000Ryoga jumped up like he was going to start a fight. Akane quickly reacted knowing that it would probably sink the boat. She also knew how badly she swam.
0000"Calm down, you two! We really can't have a fight right now."
0000"This doesn't concern you, tomboy."
0000"TOMBOY!?"
0000Akane responded by slapping him. After that a full scale battle turned loose between the three. Each punch and kick added another hole to the boat. It soon sank under the pressure with it's occupants jumping the side.
0000"Help me!" Akane cried. She beated the water crazily, barely staying afloat. She couldn't see anything in the darkness.
0000"I've got you."
0000Ranma had jumped off nearby. He swam over and attempted to support Akane the best he could but her reckless splashing kept pulling him under. It didn't help that she had dislocated some of his joints on the boat, either. P-chan had problems of his own swimming as a pig. Ranma could normally swim to China easily but Akane was like a lead weight on his back. Everything started getting hazy after that.
0000Ranma later awoke to find himself on a beach in the middle of the day. The smell of the sea filled the air with the soft rustling of the waves. Ranma slowly pulled himself to his feet, still a little groggy and extremely sore. Second, Akane came to his mind, dropping all thoughts of pain from his head. He immediately began to scour the beach.
0000"Akane!"
0000There was no answer. He then came upon her about ten yards from where he originally stood. When he saw her P-chan was laying on her chest, he quickly ran up and punted him out of sight. That was when Akane started coming around.
0000"What happened?"
0000She sat up on her tush to survey the area. She didn't seem to be in that bad of shape, aside from how tattered and beat up her clothes were.
0000"I'd assume we are in China." Ranma said, "Maybe we can find a town if we follow the road. There is one a little ways back."
0000"Where is Ryoga?"
0000"He uh...must've washed up a little down the beach."
0000"We've got to find him. We can't just leave him." Akane picked herself up to her feet ready to do a full scale search.
0000"I gue..." Ranma started when he fell to the ground.
0000Ryoga had tripped him from behind. Ranma's face turned red when he saw the culprit. He had somehow turned back into a human earlier and got his clothes too. Probably that weird sub-space thingy.
0000"I'm right here, Akane!" the lost boy shouted making Akane pause.
0000"Did you have a good awakening P-chan?" Ranma asked indifferently.
0000"Who're you calling P-chan?"
0000"Oh, no one. Let's start moving."
0000"Wait," said Ryoga, "there is a sign telling what road this is."
0000The group stopped at the road. Ryoga put down his pack and looked through it. He then pulled out a brand new map and opened it.
0000"Don't tell me you took map reading, too."
0000"It just so happens I did, Ranma. And it'll help us now."
0000"Yeah, it might. Especially if you read it right side up. How did you pass the class? Did you get lucky?"
0000"You're going to get it this time, Ranma..." Ryoga seethed with built up anger. He threw down the map and readied to fight him.
0000"Guys!" Akane said unexpectantly, "While you two were quarreling I got us a ride into town."
0000"When we get back home, Ranma, let's finish this." Dropping the angry tone from his voice Ryoga asked, "How did you get the driver to stop, Akane? You don't know any Chinese."
0000"I did the hitch hiker thumb point."
0000Ryoga gave a simple nod and he and Ranma hopped aboard the stopped car. Each took a different side as Akane sat in the middle. The car was a very new looking black mustang. Woo-hoo!
0000Ryoga took the opportunity to take out his Chinese phrase book and start translating the conversion that erupted. I guess he had a lot of new things today.
0000"So, why are you young kids out here?" Asked the driver.
0000"We were just looking for a person." Replied Akane.
0000"How would you like to stay at my place tonight sweethearts?"
0000"Sweetheart?" Ranma repeated in disgust.
0000"How would you two girls like to come to my place and we can have a little fun. Just leave your boy friend alone for a while."
0000"That's going too far mister!" Ranma shouted.
0000The man seemed dismayed but he then pulled out a gun on Akane with another idea. She froze stiff with fear.
0000"Give me all of your money!"
0000Ranma quickly reacted by hitting the gun out of his hand and picking it up. He hadn't been phased at all. Ranma and Akane then jointly beat the crap out of him. Ryoga, though, had been too busy trying to figure out what the man said in his book to do anything. The car started swerving a bit until Ryoga got control of the steering wheel.
0000"I think we'll get off here." Ranma said.
0000The guy stopped the car and the three got out. He sped off as soon as the doors closed. Ranma just threw the gun to the side of the road. He looked disgusted from holding it. He then turned back around too look at Akane.
0000"We had to get a weirdo. Looks like we're walking from here."
0000"Who would've thought it's dangerous to hitch hike." Ryoga acted bewildered. He fit his phrase book neatly back into his bag.
0000Akane then filled up with anger, she had just realized something. She took a deadly stare at Ranma and said, "You could've gotten me killed!"
0000"Yeah, but I didn't."
Chapter 2: The Suiyoubi Search

0000Akane pulled out her mallet and started beating him on the head with it. Afterwards, Ryoga was left carrying Ranma for Akane in his crippled state. Ranma's elbow was twisted backwards, his leg was behind his back, and he had lots of bruises on his head.
0000Traveling the road, lights soon appeared which grew brighter with every step and soon turned into a full-blown city. Most traces of vegetation had vanished. People were everywhere and lots of action was happening.
0000"I'm going to look for a restaurant. I'm famished." said Ryoga.
0000"Ranma and me are going to look for a place to stay tonight. We'll meet you here in an hour." Akane look Ranma's pony-tail, ready to drag him. "I'll get his little movement problem fixed too." Akane gave a blank glance at Ranma as if she didn't care.
0000"Oh, and here are some Chinese phrase books."
0000Ryoga handed Akane a few copies which she looked at curiously. "See ya." Ryoga said before departing. As if on cue, Ryoga had lost his position within a few feet of walking. He looked up at signs on the buildings hoping to find a good place for dinner if he could read them at all. 'Darn it! No luck! You can find a restaurant, Ryoga.' he whispered to himself.
0000Ryoga kept getting more frustrated the more he tried to figure out where he was going. He then had an idea. He flipped open his copy of the Chinese phrase book and asked a nearby person where a restaurant is. The guy pointed and Ryoga went in the opposite direction as usual, but what did you expect? The director just sighed in disbelief. Ryoga opened the door to the first house he ran into. To his surprise, he found Happosai inside!
0000"Help me!"
0000It was a small house. The walls were thick so it was understandable why no one heard him. Happosai was chained to the wall by all of his stubby limbs. Otherwise the place looked like a comfortable home. There was a nice soft rug on the floor, a lazy-boy in the corner and a large screen television, too.
0000"Who are you?" said a woman's voice. Suiboubi jumped out in front of Ryoga from the side of the door. Ryoga quickly took a battle stance. He then noticed she was wearing some strange golden armor with strange symbols on it. He quickly realigned his attention to his goal even though he was a bit shaken because he knew he saw it somewhere before.
0000"I'm going to have to stop you from torturing this guy!" Ryoga announced in the name of Akane.
0000Suiyoubi then attempted to trip Ryoga. Ryoga jumped into the air and kicked her back to the wall.
0000"You're going to have to do better than that."
0000Suiyoubi then came back punching and kicking. He found it no problem to avoid her slow attacks.
0000'I wonder why Happosai had such a problem with her' Ryoga though before going on the offensive. Ryoga couldn't even hurt her for some strange reason with the hardest of his attacks. When he tired, Suiyoubi pinned him. Keeping his arm twisted, She led him into a small room and locked the door.
0000"That armor...It seems familiar. That had to be it!" Ryoga said to himself.
0000The room was pitch black. Feeling his way around he reached a wall after tripping over a few boxes. He then listened closely as he faintly heard talking. Ryoga pressed his ear to the wall to hear better.
0000"Happosai, Happosai. I'm going to make you pay for embarrassing me. Tomorrow, as soon as I think of something disgusting enough."
0000In the mean time Ranma and Akane were having a battle of their own. Ranma had changed back into a boy a little earlier in a restroom and saw a chiropractor. The visit had used most of Akane's money.
0000"What?" Akane said, "You didn't bring the money extra money daddy had given me?!"
0000"I though you were supposed to take it!"
0000"Baka! I left it on the table for you too take because you didn't have any! How are we supposed to get a room now?"
0000"I dunno! Why don't we join up with Ryoga and see if he has any."
0000"He's probably out of the nation by now. Let's see if we can find out where that Suiyoubi lives then." Akane walked up to a phone booth and looked through the phonebook inside. When she found one Suiyoubi listed, she smiled and started dialing it.
0000"How's calling her going to help?"
0000"Shh..." Akane whispered, "Hello, is this Miss Suiyoubi? Good. Could you give me your address? Thanks."
0000Ranma covered his face with his hand in disgust after Akane hung up.
0000"That was pathetic. She gave it right to you. You didn't even cover as some kind of other person or company. How stupid is she? She must be some kind of airhead..."
0000"Hey, it got the job done."
0000Akane and Ranma walked the relatively short distance to her house. It was actually right next to the booth they were in.
0000"You knock on the door," Ranma said, "and I'll take down whoever opens it."
0000"Okay, got it."
0000Akane knocked. There was a brief wait and nothing happened. Ranma spotted a doorbell so he started pressing it repeatedly until Akane punched him in his stomach to signal that was enough. Ranma jumped when the door opened at the unsuspecting person.
0000"We have you now Suiyoubi!" Ranma immediately grabbed her arms and held them behind her back.
0000"What is the meaning of this!?" the woman bellowed.
0000"Now tell us where Happosai is!" Akane ordered.
0000"I don't know what you're talking about!"
0000"Don't lie!"
0000"You must have me confused with my twin sister."
0000"Twin sister?" Akane and Ranma said together.
0000"Search my house, you won't find that Happosai guy around here."
0000Akane wandered around the house. There was nothing. The worst part was it was so clean just a glance showed there was nothing to hide. The place had white walls and a gray rug. A little wooden furniture sparsely populated the room. Ranma released the woman. She stood up straight to see her temporary captors.
0000"Why are you wearing that ugly pink ninja uniform, then? I've never seen anything so hideous." Ranma commented.
0000"Actually it was my sisters. I was just wearing it to a costume party. She lives right across the street from here."
0000'Are all of the places here right next to each other?' Ranma asked himself.
0000"Would you two like to have a snack before you go?"
0000"Sure!" Ranma jumped at the thought. Suiyoubi dumped out some treats of different kinds from her ninja-purse. She apparently got the food from the party.
0000"Ranma, you're such a pig."
0000It wasn't long before Ranma ate all of the food. He gave little thought that it might be poisoned. Luckily, it wasn't. When they got to the door of the real Suiyoubi's house, there was a sudden explosion from the side. Ryoga then came running out. He apparently did his Breaking-point technique on the wall. He quickly motioned for them to follow as he ran.
0000"How did you get here, Ryoga?" asked Akane.
0000"You don't want to know. We can't enter that place right now. Suiyoubi has some kind of super armor on. You can't do anything to her."
0000"What are we going to do?"
0000"First, I'm going to the library. I know I've seen that armor before. I think there was some way to destroy it."
0000"I'll guide him there." Offered Ranma.
0000"Ryoga do you have any money?" Akane asked sweetly.
0000"A bit."
0000"Could I have it for the place to stay tonight?"
0000Ryoga handed Akane the money as he winced. He seemed to have plans for it.
0000"Here are the directions for the motel. See you there."
0000Ranma and Ryoga then walked across the street to the library. They spent long hours that night looking for some kind information. Actually Ryoga did. Ranma managed to find some comics.
0000"Ha ha! Look at this one!" Ranma said, laughing.
0000"I've got it! It's the fire armor!"
0000Ryoga pointed out a picture in the book showing three points that must be hit on the armor to destroy it. It showed a man as the example but the parts wouldn't be socially acceptable on a woman. When all of the points were hit, the armor would disintegrate.
0000"Uh, oh. I'm not the one who's going to be doing it." Ranma said as he backed away from the book.
0000"I'm not. You've had practice anyway."
0000"Oh, no you don't. I'm not getting stuck in another one of those instances!"
0000Ryoga borrowed the book and returned the the motel with Ranma. Akane was already asleep. The room was small but not any smaller than a normal Japanese house. Since there was only one bed, Ranma and Ryoga had to sleep on the floor.
0000"You're not going to sleep with her."
0000"So what if I did, Ranma?"
0000"You can't because P-chan never came with us." Ranma then stuck out his tongue. There was only one blanket between the two, so through the rest of the night the two kept stealing it from each other.
Chapter 2: The Battle

0000"Morning you two!" Akane said, conking both of them both on the head lightly.
0000"Leave me alone." Ranma complained.
0000"It's too early." Ryoga followed suit.
0000"Did either of you find anything?"
0000"Yeah," said Ryoga, he pulled himself to his feet and trudged to the book. "Take a look."
0000In his idleness Ryoga fell back asleep where he was standing. Akane looked up after a few minutes of examination at Ryoga. He had sleep walked to her bed and had a pillow over his head to block out the light. Ranma was coming up behind him ready to fight for the place to sleep on.
0000"You don't mean we have to hit these points on her?"
0000"Yup. Otherwise she is unstoppable." Ryoga answered.
0000Ranma pushed Ryoga out and took the bed for himself. Akane then snuck up on him with some cold water. When she poured it on him he jumped up. Ryoga didn't want a wet bed so he just collapsed onto the floor.
0000"Why'd you do that?" Asked Ranma.
0000"You're going to help me hit those points."
0000"Okay," said Ryoga, " you two can go. Suiyoubi said she was going to do something awful to Happosai today."
0000"What?"
0000"I dunno, she didn't say."
0000"You're looking a little drowsy, Ryoga." Akane said, breaking a grin, "Do you need any cold water to wake up, too?"
0000"No!" shrieked Ryoga, waking up.
0000"Then stay awake."
0000When they arrived, It looked like they were just in time. It appeared Suiyoubi was just halted doing something to Happosai. She seemed angered. Ryoga started as the immediate distraction as Ranma and Akane slipped behind their fighting. Akane tripped her and held her down when Ryoga motioned. Ranma then began hitting the points that you shouldn't know about.
0000"I have only one more point!" cried Ranma.
0000"I'm not going to let you stop me this easily."
0000Suiyoubi then threw them all from her body. The armor also seemed to also absorb power and make her stronger as well as protect her after taking blows.
0000"I have you know!" She said, putting Ryoga into some arm clips like Happosai's with a flick of her hands.
0000Akane and Ranma started again but they sorely needed Ryoga's extra muscle. She quickly pinned them down and threw them into another couple of arm clips.
0000"That was easy." Suiyoubi remarked. "Now back to you, Happosai."
0000"What did he do to you to make you so mad?" Akane asked.
0000"It is a long story. I originally allowed him to stay at my place when he was but 16 years old. He seemed to be a fine person. Then, one night, I was going to go to a Miss China pageant..."
0000Akane quivered at the words. Happosai with his hormone levels that high? It's a wonder he didn't do anything sooner.
0000"Well, I gave him a free front ticket. It was strange, we were doing the swim suit part when he lunged at my chest. He said something, too. Yes, I believe it was "SWEETO!!" Needless to say, I was embarrassed on national TV. After that my life just went downhill. People would make jokes where ever I went. That is why I chose this fitting punishment. I found out about this water that could change a man into a woman whenever they touch cold water. He'll get to know how it feels."
0000"That's not a good punishment for anyone!" Ranma said.
0000"Is there anything we can do that'll keep you from doing it?" asked Akane.
0000Suiboubi paused. She walked over to Akane and looked at her face.
0000"You remind me of myself with your ambition. If you enter the Miss China pageant this year and win I'll let him go."
0000Ranma and Ryoga gasped when they heard.
0000"I'll let you and your perverted friends go to help you if you agree, but Happosai stays. I have everything you need for sponsors and so on."
0000"Okay." Akane agreed reluctantly.
0000Ranma's face was still blushing from her earlier comment. He then quickly hit the last point on the armor to destroy it as he walked out. It simply fell apart into a dust and fell upon the floor.
0000"Remember we had a deal..." She said cautiously, because of losing her upper hand in the situation.
0000"Yeah, but I wanted to get rid of the armor for good."
0000"How did I become perverted when Ranma was the one hitting the points?" Ryoga asked in consternation.
0000"I guess you're just going down with the boat." Ranma answered.
0000 They returned to the Hotel to pick up some of their belongings that were still there.
0000"I don't want to be concerned with trying to make a tomboy like you into a pageant winner."
0000"Ranma, why can't you just let me relish the thought, jerk."
0000"You aren't even Chinese! You have no chance of winning!"
0000"Where are you going, Ranma?"
0000Ranma had walked to the door and was about to open it. He seemed as if he was sneaking for some reason.
0000"Oh, nothing. I'll be back in an hour."
0000"Aren't you going to help me?"
0000"No."
0000"You're jealous aren't you!?"
0000"I am not!"
0000Ranma slammed the door in an effort to get out of the conversation. He walked and walked down the street, searching for something. He had a paper in hand with an address on it that he had uncrumpled from his pocket. The air smelled of smog. That was normal around the city. It was still early in the day. He then halted in front of an office building. He quickly walked up the steps and entered. He met a receptionist inside.
0000"May I help you?" she asked.
0000"Yes, I'm interested in being the Miss China, coming from this province."
0000Akane and Ryoga had started talking when Ranma left.
0000"Akane, do you know anything about these beauty pageants? I don't think I'm going to be much help."
0000"Me neither."
0000"Wasn't there something having to do with swimming?"
0000Akane tensed a moment. She knew she'd never win a contest in that.
0000"Oh, no. It was a swim suit competition. Let's get a form to see if we can get more information. Suiyoubi handed me this address before hand. She also gave directions for a beauty parlor with a free ticket for a make-over."
0000Ryoga showed some small pieces of paper to Akane.
0000"Let's pick up the contest paper for areas on the way to the beauty parlor so we aren't guessing any more." Akane said as she opened the door, "I don't think I could take any more of them."
0000Ryoga and Akane walked down the the contest office and picked up a paper telling what areas Akane would be graded on. They then stopped by the parlor for Akane's make over.
0000"I'm afraid." Akane said outside the shop. "I've had this look for so long."
0000"Go for it." urged Ryoga. "Remember you're doing this for Happosai."
0000"Don't remind me."
0000Akane went in for what seemed to be forever. Ryoga patiently waited, reading magazines in the bookstore next-door from it. For some reason the cashier didn't believe him when he said he as buying a Vogue magazine for a friend. And remember, he was talking through a phrase book. Akane finally came out a few hours later, meeting Ryoga outside.
0000"The lady said this was one over her longest make overs she has ever given. So, how do I look?"
0000When Ryoga looked, he could see a number of differences in Akane. She was actually just about unrecognizable. Her hair was curly, she had a little bit of makeup on. That was very unusual. The lipstick topped it all off. She was also wearing a short-skirted dress in the color of a shiny red.
0000"You look beautiful!" Ryoga pushed out of his mouth though he didn't mean it. He yearned for her old look a bit.
0000"Really? Thank you. I'm just going to get this stuff in a bag and change back to my regular clothes. They have a whole fashion department in there."
0000Ryoga ran into the book store again to the cashier, budging in front of three people.
0000"Did you see that woman out there that I was just talking to? Huh? I told you I was telling the truth."
0000"Buddy, I don't have the time to look outside. You're blocking my customers now!"
0000"Oh, sorry."
0000Ryoga went back outside, a little disappointed. He waited and waited. When Akane came back out, she looked the same as she did before she went there. She carried a bigger bag now, though.
0000"I bought the clothes for the swim suit part and a few other dresses plus all the makeup I'll ever need in a lifetime."
0000"Good."
0000"What else am I going to need?"
0000"According to this, there will be a talent competition. Do you have any?"
0000"Martial arts...you know that!"
0000"Oh, yeah. There is also cooking competition."
0000"Cooking competition? I've never heard of that in a beauty pageant."
0000"I'm just reading it as it is. The judges probably like the free food. Let's see if you can at least make cookies back at the motel."
0000"All right," she agreed, "how long is it to the pageant?"
0000"It should be in only a few days."
0000"I wonder how I got into this. I'm not even Chinese. How could I possibly win?"
0000"B-b-because you're a beautiful person." Ryoga sputtered his comment.
0000"I appreciate that Ryoga." Akane seemed sweeter and more beautiful than ever to Ryoga at that moment.
0000Ryoga and Akane returned shortly after that. At the motel they met up with Ranma who was mysteriously cooking.
0000"Where've you been Ranma when you could've been helping?"
0000"I told you. I'm not going to help that pervert Happosai, Akane."
0000Minutes turned to hours, and hours turned to days. It was the day Akane had been waiting for. Butterflies where in her stomach. She could hardly breath just at the thought at all of the people seeing her. She appeared on stage smiling. Akane then woke up.
0000"It was just a dream."
0000Akane was angered being waken up from such a happy vision during early morning. She quickly started searching for the suspect. Ryoga was still laying down in his bed. Ranma, though, was in the kitchen around the corner. It appeared Ranma had just returned from somewhere. She saw him put some stuff into a bag. They appeared to be paints.
0000"Ranma, what are you doing up?"
0000Ranma quickly stuffed the rest of the paint into his bag and twirled around to look at Akane.
0000"Akane? Oh, nothing. You should be asleep right now for the pageant this afternoon."
0000"You didn't answer my question!"
0000"I didn't do anything! I swear! Now go and get some more rest."
0000Ranma narrowly got Akane to go back to bed. He had earlier snuck around the contestant's houses and defaced them with a paint that wouldn't come off for a few days. He didn't want to lose so he did all of them except the ones that didn't stand a chance against himself. Apparently he thought Akane was one in that category. Morning cast it's shadow again within a few hours. Akane was up first.
0000"Where did Ranma go?" she asked herself. "Ryoga! Wake up!"
0000Ryoga felt like hibernating after that long night. He pushed himself to just get off of the floor.
0000"We only have a hour to get ready."
0000"Okay. I need something on my stomach."
0000Ryoga started to munch on a napkin without knowing it. He was just focused on moving around and waking up. They left after Ryoga got his needed supply of minerals from the napkin. When Ryoga and Akane finally got to the building where the pageant was held, they met Ranma in girl form.
0000"What have you been doing, Ranma? Why are you a girl?"
0000"You'll see." Ranma answered, following Akane into the contestants' room.
0000"Why are you following me? You aren't going to compete!"
0000"Yup." Ranma said, acting innocent.
0000"Ranma, why are you working against me?!"
0000"Akane, I really thought about this. I want Happosai to know how bad it feels to be harassed. He needs to see the other side of the street. You should just give up now, anyway. There is no way you could win."
0000"Ranma..." she said, tensing up. Ranma jumped out of distance before Akane could make her strike.
0000"See you there!" He said, laughing.
0000"Welcome to the 1998 Miss China pageant, everyone!" The announcer cried. "This year, we had about two thirds of our contestants missing for unknown reasons. But let's be positive and show who did come..."
0000Ryoga then started having problems keeping up with his Chinese phrase book. He kept trying getting only bits and pieces.
0000"Our first venture will consist of the ladies wearing their best bathing suits at the beach. Each being graded in 5 categories..."
0000The contest slowly narrowed themselves down over time. Actually, there were four contestants and one was just dropped. That meant there was only Ranma, Akane, and another girl left. Ranma had been averaging slightly higher than Akane throughout. Akane couldn't stand to be beaten by a pretend girl.
0000"Next," cried the announcer, "We will have the cooking compitition. Here our girls will cook some kind of snack for our judges."
0000The bell went of and the three started. Akane had certain prebought ingredients ready for her. All she had to do was mix them, throw the batter onto a pan and into the oven. Unfortunately she didn't know how much of each ingredient to add.
0000"A cup of vanilla. That should do it."
0000Akane looked over at Ranma after stuffing the food into the oven. She watched him busily work. She couldn't tell what he was making. When the judges tried the food, Ranma starting first, they loved it.
0000"This is a special secret recipe by Ranma Saotome which he calls sweet stuff."
0000Second came Akane with her cookies. The judges were almost delirious after a few of them. It had to be the alcoholic content of the vanilla. When the third girl came up she just had bread and was the one to be next booted by the drunken judges..
0000"We are going to finish up this match up with finding out about our contestant's personalities and lifestyles. Starting with Akane."
0000"Well, I uh like to do things like jogging, baseball...anything to keep in shape. Martial arts is my main hobby. I just like to be anyone's friend."
0000"Feh. sure she does." Ranma thought.
0000"And know for Ranma..."
0000"I also like the Martial arts. I have trained many years and believe commitment is very important."
0000"That's interesting. Do you two mind having a sparring match before our judges decide who is the winner?"
0000Ranma and Akane were violently shaking their heads.
0000"Please? This show is supposed to be an hour long and it's been scarcely 10 minutes."
0000They continued to say no.
0000"Of course not. Please come to the center of the stage and we'll do a quick 1 minute match."
0000Akane looked worried, but ready to take out her frustration on Ranma. The two stood around a circle in the center of the stage. It was feeling unusually hot.
0000"Go!"
0000Akane put all of her effort to inflict as much pain as she could on Ranma. She could've won the contest easily without him. Maybe not.
0000'How could Ranma do this? He is such a jerk.'
0000Ranma swiftly avoided her blows with little trouble. He just laughed at the tomboy.
0000When Ryoga saw Ranma earlier competing, he had slid backstage. He then climbed onto the bridges above the it. He was planning to embarrass Ranma on television with the hot water he was holding. He laughed at the though of Ranma in the dress on television.
0000"Ranma!" Ryoga called, distracting him.
0000Ranma quickly dodged from side to side avoiding Akane and Ryoga. Ranma didn't want to take a chance so he tried to escape the building from the television cameras. He barely made it away with Ryoga following him on the walkway above.
0000"I assume we have a winner! It appears Ranma has forfeited. Akane is the new Miss China!"
0000A huge smile crossed Akane's face as she let out joyous laughter. There was a huge celebration as she received the crown. She had waited for this moment forever during the show. The flashing lights and camera's slowly faded away in time and she found herself freeing Happosai."
0000"You actually did it." said Suiyoubi. "You are a determined girl."
0000"Thank you."
0000The minute Happosai was released, he nabbed Akane's chest.
0000"Sweeto!"
0000Suiyoubi looked like she didn't understand why Akane put up with it. Akane then kicked Happosai into a low orbit.
0000"Sorry about the roof."
0000Ryoga and Ranma were behind Akane watching the whole incident. There was a small hole in the ceiling now exposing a bit of light.
0000"Can we go home now before Happosai lands?" Ranma asked.
0000"Yeah. Preferably." A smile crossed her face again. "I beat you in the contest! Ha ha!"
0000"Whatever." Ranma said, acting disinterested. "I wasn't even trying."
0000How are we going to get back, Akane?" Ryoga asked. "We don't have a boat anymore."
0000"We have plenty of money from first prize. Unfortunately we'll have to use most of it to repay Kuno to get a new boat."
0000They walked outside. Ryoga just thought for a moment as he walked along the block if he should do what he was pondering. He then decided to take Akane's hand. She almost beat the hell out of him but had an idea. She would like to see if Ranma would get jealous. Before the actions could unfold a sudden Rumbling started to gain volume. It sounded like a stampede. When Akane looked behind herself she saw thousands of men in a huge crowd approaching. She broke into a run within seconds.
0000"Akane, can I date you?" one yelled from the massive crowd.
0000The boys must believe everything they see on television...
Last Revision: 4/28/99