All characters are owned by their respective owners that I didn’t make, think up, or just put down without thinking about. Don’t sue me either, this is free publicity, k?

Don’t attack me for writing such a stupid, likable fic, please? It’s actually kind of funny. Really. Also, I’ll fill in the previous chapter sometime.

-----------Now on with the show!!!!!!


It had been another school day at Furinkan High School. Zach’s move to the Saotomes had been a very action packed adventure. It had been especially action packed since Zack looked almost exactly like Zach, and the image he gave was not good associating with Ranma.

Zach was with them now, though. He looked very much like his brother, except a bit shorter and bulkier. But his attitude was way more docile. He also had a slight limp from an artificial leg. It wasn’t noticeable unless you looked close.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Need for Forgetting, Garry!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach, Zack, Ranma, met up after school at the gate the school gate and Akane ran to catch up. “What’s up Akane?” Ranma asked.

“Not too much. It calmed down a bit since you faced off with Kuno this afternoon. The buzz is still there though.”

“I coulda wooped him this time if you didn’t get in the way.” Zack interjected.

“Ha! Yeah right! It would just be luck if you even nicked him.”

“Sometime you’ll see how I can really fight!”

Zach gave off a laugh at his words. “I could even beat you if I wanted!”

“What?” Ranma said, “Take your leg off and beat them to death? That’s not much in the way of real fighting.”

“Well, Ranma, do you want to see who can train with brother to win? You can take Zach.”

The Challenge was set. Was it really fair? Who cares! It’s a fight! Outside the house Kasumi greeted the group.

“You did your day’s go?” Kasumi asked.

“Same old, same old.” Ranma replied.

“Ditto,” Akane also said.

“Just a bunch of whacked out weirdoes.” Zack said.

“About right.” Zach agreed.

“Kasumi,” Ranma said, “we’re going to eat out at the Nekohanten tonight, aren’t we?”

“Oh yeah. It’s a family activity to show more of the area.”

So they all went off all happy like off to the Nekohanten. It wasn’t far to the store that Cologne and her granddaughter, Shampoo worked in. They served some of the finest Ramen in the whole city. Just at the door there was a gleeful shout. “Ranma!” It came from a purple haired girl with long lockes down to her chest and back. She spoke with a Chinese accent that made her Japanese sound a bit messy. With her hand she motioned them all to a table. Once they sat down, she asked, “Can I take your orders?”

“Give us all a serving of regular ramen.” Soun said.

“Okay.” Shampoo started off to fulfill the order with only a second glance to Ranma.

“So this is the Nekohanten.” Zach observed.

“I've seen better.” Zack looked around a tad.

Meanwhile, Shampoo was in the kitchen readying the order, and a bit extra.

“Okay child,” Colone said, “Give this Ramen to Ranma. It’ll make him forget he has a fiancee. It’s a cheap plan, but it might work. Remember, it’s the back left one that has the potion.”

“Me understand.” Shampoo picked up the try to walk out. As she neared her table a question appeared in her head, Which is the left? Ignoring the feeling, she served the food by setting it on the table. After that, she sat down nearby to watch Ranma eat.

Akane blinked. “Are you going to just sit there staring?”

Shampoo blinked once herself before standing up. “Fine then!” She started back to work serving tables, keeping an eye on Ranma.

They all started eating with little thought of the incident. After all, it was a restaurant and this was food.

Finishing his dish, Zach suddenly got an ache in his stomach. Pulling himself up out of his chair, he excused himself with a bow and a nod. Upon arriving, though, he had a funny feeling. Now growing was a horrible headache. Looking at himself in the mirror, and image he had seen so often suddenly seemed so foreign. He then left the restroom. There was a stronger and stronger feeling with him growing of lostness and loneliness. He just had to get out of there. At a growing pace, he walked out the door, to a brisk jog to almost a run.

Ranma then asked, “Is there something wrong with Zach?”

“No,” Zack replied, “he normally has that lost look. Just let him do what he wants, he’ll get over it..”

“Okay.” Ranma said. He then went back to dramatically sipping the broth out of his Ramen.

Zach kept moving forward, unsure of where he was going. Onward and onward. He felt more and more afraid and lost and alone. A man ran by, after a strange little creature causing Zach to stop. He wasn’t quite sure what it was and curiosity enveloped him stronger than the fear for a moment. He only had a glimpse. The person had dropped something though. It looked like a wallet. Running over, Zach picked it up, and yelled, “Mister! You lost something something.” Then something from behind smacked his head. It made a *bong* like sound making him fall unconscious.

He wasn’t sure for how long he was out of it. An awful pain emitted from his head as well as his chest. An eye of his poked open to see a boy in a red and white cap standing on his chest, wearing a black shirt and blue coat. Next to him was a boy with spiky brown hair, adorning a green vest over a orange shirt. His eyes seems partially shut for an odd reason. Last, to the first boys other side was a girl in blue shorts and yellow shirt. Her orange hair seemed to show like fire in a couple of pig tails.

“Garry?” the boy with black hair and hat exclaimed, jumping off of him.

“Huh? Me?” Zach asked. “I don’t know. I...I..can’t remember anything.”

“Well, maybe this pokeball here is the reason. A hit and run. You look like Garry, yet a little different.” The boy with the cap inspected him.

“He isn’t being macho right off.” the older spiky haired boy said.

“Yeah!” said the boy with the cap.

“Well, people can change,” the girl said. “It’s been over a year.”

“Hi, I’m Ash,” said the boy with the cap, then pointing to the other boy and girl as he continued saying, “that’s Brock, and that’s Misty.”

“Huh? What’s this?” Zach stood up, looking at the object he had picked up earlier.

“Your pokedex! It’ll show who you really are!” Ash took it from Zach’s hands, flipping it to the id section. ~This pokedex belongs to the trainer, Garry.~ “Well, that settles it! We’ve got to do something about your memory, though.”

Brock answered, “I’ve heard hanging around with people you know can trigger memories.”

“Well,” Misty said, “I guess we could bring him with us, and drop him off at home on the way back. There isn’t enough time to play around, the poketournament is coming up.”

“Huh?” Zach felt totally unincluded in what they were saying.

“Well,” Ash proposed, “You want to come with us, Garry, to Jusenkyou to get some of the rarest pokemon in the world? There isn’t much here in Japan anymore, except for the caught ones.”

“Sure! It’ll be better than sitting around here doing nothing and not knowing where I am and not knowing where to go and not knowing anybody.”

“You sure that’s Garry?” Misty whispered to Ash.

“Who else could it be?” Ash then took notice of something. “What’s that blinking thing stuck to your cap?”

“Huh?” Zach took it off to look. “I don’t know.”

“Lemme see,” Ash asked. “It looks like a Pokemon symbol.”

“No, that’s okay. It just stopped blinking.” He didn’t know what ot think of the pin. It was so close to him, yet he didn’t even think he ever really knew what it was.

So, that day they started off out of Nerima and Tokyo for that matter. It was a long walk out of the city limits.(Big city) It took much longer to escape the view and totally get rid of the smell of it. The problem was that rain was heading their way. They kept moving, yet it kept creeping up until....It started to sprinkle!!!!!

Zach pointed to a house a bit in the distance. He felt a strange attraction; a longing. It was strong not that he saw it. He didn’t know what it was. He dismissed it as just wanting to get out of the rain, and that being the closest place for miles. “Let’s stay there for tonight. It looks like the only dry place for miles.”

“Yeah,” Brock agreed, “the cold is awful in the rain.” The group started heading toward the house. It started to look more like a run down mansion the closer they came. “You sure about this?”

“Yeah,” Zach replied, he felt the draw even more now. Coming to the huge door he knocked quickly. There wasn’t much of an overhand on the roof to protect from the wet. For a moment, the only sound was the rain and the wind. The door creaked open, then slammed shut.

“Weird,” Ash said. All three of the pokecrew were shaking behind Zach when lightning struck that caused them to jump.

The door opened again. A video monitor hovered above the ground with little attached arms. On it’s screen showed a girl, around 12 or so. “Zach?” said the girl in the video monitor. The pin then blinked once.

“W...W..Washuu?” Zach didn’t know where the words had come from, yet she seems so familiar to him, yet so distant.

“Zach? He’s Garry!” Ash said to the monitor.

The woman in the video monitor paused for a moment, then replying, “Of course. Come in out of the cold. And into the mansion of Washuu, the greatest inventor in the world!! Hahahahhaha!”

Ash, Brock, and Misty felt a little weary walking in, especially when Washuu let off a maniacal laugh on their entrance. They closed the door, it giving off an eerie echoing slam when it closed. Firstly most apparent was a staircase on entering, and then a few doors leading off of the large room. From the top of the stairs, a door opened straight ahead. Washuu appeared from it, running to the stairs to slide down. Upon landing, he bounded to hug Zach. “It’s been so long!”

“Do I know you?” He asked, pushing her away.

Washuu sighed, “My name, but not me, I guess. I’ll show you some rooms for the night.”

They all walked to further marvel at the gargantuan area. As they followed Washuu, they crossed rooms filled with inventions of all sorts and kinds. Only your imagination could tell what they all did.

“I gotta tell him,” Washuu pondered in her head, “He seems totally out of it though. Maybe I shouldn’t.” She switched to a louder voice. “Okay, Z...Garry, Ash, and Brock, this is your room. Just across from it is Misty’s room there. Just down the hall is the bathroom. The other way is the exit. Uh....if I’m gone I’m at my day job.” Tenchi’s house “Make yourselves at home. I’m turning in, and don't touch the machines if you know what’s best for you! Hahaha.”

“Thank you Washuu-san,” Ash said, jumping into bed. Brock sat on his bed, and Zach got into his bed also.

“Something is very off about her,” Brock said. “She’s kind of like a mad scientist from a book or TV show.”

“Yeah,” Zach said in a reminiscent fashion. “I’m turning in.”

“Me too,” said Ash. “The quicker to sleep, the sooner we can be out of here.”

“I’m going to talk with Brock a bit before bed.” Misty said. Zach nodded and snuggled his head into his pillow. He awoke early morning to a metal clang. He sat up. No one else seemed to have heard it. His mind wouldn’t leave him alone until he saw what it was. Peering out, he saw that Washuu was walking into one of her many rooms. She picked up a small bock, like a remote really, and stuffed it in her pocket after typing in something. With a final punch, a bright door opened. “Well, the portal is still working. I must give Tenchi one someday.” With that she walked into the glowing star, that disappeared after her into nothingness.

After a moment of thinking, Zach walked up to the desk she had picked up the controller from. There was a second and a third controller virtually identical to the first. Posted on the wall were some notes. Topmost were some numbers and a label of Tenchi’s House, circled. Curiosity overtook Zach, the numbers corresponded with the controller it seemed. Taking another look, he saw above the not it read, human transport device coordinates. Did she go there? Only one way to find out.... Zach typed in the numbers, followed by the enter key causing the door to open before him. He touched it for a moment to see if it was real. Well, are you a man? With a jump he went though.

Some action was happening outside then just happening outside. Two bandits were scrounging around. “Jesse, my shoulders are hurting!”

“Quiet, James! I thought I saw a light.” The two were in gray uniforms with black boots and the guy had blue hair split in the middle, and the gal had long pinkish purple hair in a slightly curved spike.

“Quiet you two while I climb in the window! I’ll throw a rope down then.” Doing as it said, the meowth jumped for the window. Once inside, it through a rope down for the bandits to climb. Jesse went first. It went relatively smooth. She pulled herself in with no problems.

“Come one James!” she said.

“Okay, okay. I’m coming.” James started climbing. He couldn’t get rid of his bad feeling of heights. Shimmying up, he pulled himself in with Jesse’s and meowths help. With a graceful loud fall, he made it in.

Jesse sighed, “I think we’re safe.”

The window then slammed shut on on James’s leg. “Yeouch!!” he bellowed.

Misty, Ash, and Brock crashed awake. “What was that?” Ash asked.

Then the whole house let off a low siren, “Intruder Alert. Running Freeze Program.” Everything flashed white, for a moment.

--------------------

“Uh, Ranma,” Akane said, “should Zach be back yet?” The sun was just starting to rise in Nerima. Akane had stopped by Ranma’s room to see what was going on.

“Zack said pretty soon. He said he normally like to get himself lost for a bit. I’ll ask him again once he gets up. I’m going to sleep a bit more myself.”

-----------------------------------------

The only thing Zach could see was a flash of light before being thrown out. He landed on something not to hard. He groaned. And then there was a groan below him, signaling that someone was below him. Someone shouted before he could look up. “He’s trying to hurt Tenchi!” That was all before Zach felt incredible pain.

“Stop everyone!” Washuu was loud and firm. “It’s only Zach.”

All of the girls in the room stopped attacking Zach for a moment. They all looked to Washuu questioningly.

“No, I’m Garry!!”

With that said, he was being beat up again.

“AGH! He was never that bright.” Washuu felt a tad stressed. “Stop everyone! He only thinks he’s Garry!” Everyone stopped again for a moment.

“Then how come this pokedex......” Zach then took a moment to look around at the faces staring at him, ”I’m Zach. Heh heh.” He scratched the back of his neck, giving an innocent chuckle.

“What’s this Zach doing here? Who is he?” A girl with purple hair asked. She wore an ornate purple and white robe like dress.

“Well, Aeka,” Thumbed her head for a moment, deciding to go straight, “It seems he found one of my time space warp machines. I didn’t think you’d wander the place that quickly though. It has been a while.” She then let off a laugh almost retrospectively. “Well, when he was just a baby he had a lot of prospect at a young age. He was from America. I use to keep a check on him to see how he developed.” Everyone in the room gave Washuu and indignant look, but she continued. “I wanted a partner for inventing, only he didn’t seem to come out right. He would’ve been so perfect for helping me figure out that last problem keeping something from running right. He just didn’t quite reach a high enough intelligence potential. So I wiped the baby’s memory of me.” Everyone in the room face faulted.

“What?” Zach asked. “Did I miss something?”

“So you were gonna have a boyfriend?” Sammy asked.

“No! A scientific partner!”

“Washuu was going to have a boyfriend! Ha ha!”

“He’s not! He was a baby then! I...he..” Washuu then took that moment to disappear totally flustered.

“I feel....TOTALLY lost now.” Zach sighed, unsure of what to do.

“You know anything about this, Ryouko?” Tenchi asked.

“I’m sorry, this was before my memorable lifetime, Tenchi.”

“Oh man!” Zach exclaimed, remembering, “I gotta find my way back! My friends will be wondering where I am!”

“Do you remember your way back?” Tenchi asked.

“Uh...the controller kind of broke when I landed on you.”

“Oh great. It could be forever before Washuu comes back. Do you know where the laboratory is that he came from, Ryoko?”

“I don’t know what place Zach could have come from. Washuu stores her inventions in so many places....it could take weeks. And I wouldn’t want to leave my Tenchi for that long.” Washuu needs a little humility anyhow. :D

“I don’t know,” Aeka interjected, “Tenchi would be just fine with me to take care of him.”

“Want some tea, Zach?” Sasami asked. “You don’t look so well.”

“Sure, it looks like I could be here a while.” Zach sighed. He didn’t move around much because of the great pain he felt from the beating, but he’d live. His mind idly pondered if he really wanted to be called Zach still as he watched Aeka and Ryoko right. He still didn’t know who that Washuu was, but she acted like she knew him well. Oh yes, this could be a long wandering for him.

-----------------------------

Zach awoke after what seems like days of sleep when was actually just an hour. He had taken a bed soon after arriving at then Tenchi house to heal a bit. I hadn’t helped having all of the girls attacking him.

“More tea?” Sasami asked.

“Thanks,” Zach took some and chugged it down. How true could it be? I didn’t really say her name at the mansion. I couldn't really know her. But it just came out of my lips. Coincidence. That’s it. Washuu didn’t know me when I was a baby. He took another sip. It wouldn’t be too long before the boy would drive himself crazy in bed with thoughts. Sitting up, he asked Sasami, “Do you know any way I can help my memory?”

“I’m not sure...how did you lose it?”

“I think I was hit on the head.”

“Well, maybe if you were hit on the head again it would come back.”

“It might work. Would you try it?”

“No no. I can’t hit you now that your a friend.”

“Well, you did before.”

“Yeah but....why don’t you ask Aeka?”

“Okay.” Zach stood up and left what he ha heard was Tenchi’s room. Outside of it was a set of stairs. The exact person he was looking for was there. “Aeka!”

“Zach? What is it?”

“I have a favor to ask.”

“Yes?”

“Would you hit me on the head, to see if it brings my memory back?”

Aeka’s face lit up with surprise. “No! I couldn’t do that! Why don’t you....ask Mihoshi.” To herself, she though, He had to be joking.

Zach shrugged, feeling hurt. He continued downstairs where he found Tenchi, Ryoko and a blond in the living room. “Are you Mihoshi? I have a favor to ask of you.”

“So you’re Zach. Tenchi told me a bit about you. What is it?”

“I was wondering if you could hit me on the head to see if you could bring my memory back.”

“I don't’ know, I don’t like to hit someone for no reason. Maybe if you committed a crime and resisted arrest?”

“I could do that.”

“Wait a minute!” Ryoko interjected.

“What Ryoko?” Zach asked.

“I’ll do it.”

“Thanks.” Ryoko swiftly Bashed him on the head. Zach collapsed to the ground, but wasn’t quite knocked out. This drew Tenchi’s attention when he saw it.

“What are you guys doing?”

“He asked me to smack him, Tenchi.” Ryoko said.

Mihoshi then broke in, “He wanted to see if it would restore his memory.”

Zach then started coming around to being completely out of it. “Who are you guys?”

Tenchi sighed. Ryoko smacked him again. “Ryoko! Stop that!” Tenchi ordered. “I called the doctor Tofu to come when he laid down.”

“Sorry.” She gave a look of remorse for him.

“Agh! That hurt.” Zach was quicker to come around this time. “I have NO idea why I did that! I still don’t remember anything though.”

“Well,” Ryoko said with a grin, “it looks like I knocked some common sense back into him at least.”

“The doctor will be by tomorrow. You do still have some unbroken bones left in you, right Zach?”

“I hope so.”

“Hey,” Tenchi said, “what’s that?”

“Huh?” Zach paused for a moment. Then he took his hat off and the pin. “This? Don’t know. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember. I think it goes off blinking when I get hit by something.”

“Huh?” Ryoko said, “That’s a status indicator. Washuu’s mother use to use one on her to keep track of her. She use to use one on me until I kept throughing it away.”

Zach peered at the Pokemon appearing symbol. “Cool! And I thought it was just a kind of pin you get at an amusement park that blinks!”

----------------------------------

“Zach!” Ranma shouted. It was starting to seem pointless. They had searched for almost the entire day once Zack had finally woke up. “Any luck Akane?”

“No...he doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the city.”

“Where could have he gone? There was no reason for him to leave.”

“....What are you talking about? Did you look at the kind of life we lead living with you?”

“It’s not my fault! Baka.”

Zack then just came around the corner. He spotted then, then lightening up in his face. As he walked over he asked, “Have you guys seen anything?”

“No,” said Ranma sadly. “The police haven't’ sound anything either. We almost seemed to get him....but he turned out to be a kid named Garry.”

“Hm....why don’t we try tracking him?” Zach asked.

Akane asked, “With what?”

“Well, maybe a dog or even P-chan if he has a good sense of smell.”

“Hmmm.....” Akane thought to herself. “This looks like a time to call Sailor Moon.” She pushed a little button on a small box that was in her pocket. Instantly in the sky, a light beacon flashed into the clouds Sailors Moons symbol.

“What do you need Akane?” Sailor Moon asked.

“I need you to search for a boy that looks almost exactly like that boy over there, but different.”

“What do I look like a lost and found history? I fight villains Akane!”

Akane then shook her head waking up for her daydream. Sleep would definitely be good. Or Coffee maybe.


This closes this chapter, thank you thank you. Just wait until next chapter. Mwa ha ha ah ha ha ha ha! (Evil Laff)

This sorry Lame fic was written by Zachary Dovel