0000Disclaimer time! I do not own any of the character and only use them for non-profit fun! Sure, it's sick stuff but somebody has to do it. Garfield and other characters are a trademark of Paws and Jim Davis; Ranma and other characters are a trademark of Kitty film, Viz, and Rumiko Takahashi and a few other's if I forgot to mention them. Their characters do not diserve the treatment you are about to read about, but it's all in good fun and they won't be perminently hurt...at least I hope.

Here is my wonderful legend!
English-"speech"
Japanese-*speech*
thoughts-'thought'


0000"Isn't this exciting guys? We're actually in Japan. This will be a whole lot more exciting than going to the tropics and laying on a beach all day!"
0000This person, most obviously a tourist, was walking down the Tokyo streets. He bared a blue shirt and brown pants. He had somewhat of an empty look as if not all there which were normal in their own right. Along trailed this man was two pets, one dog and one cat. The cat was orange and had black stripes. He seemed a bit on the listless side. The dog, yellow with brown ears, looked to be more empty headed than the owner.
0000They were set in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world. The sidewalk looked cracked up in every direction like earth quakes had broken it all up from the people stamping on it. People were in every direction, congesting the place. Worse, the motor veilces covering the highways filled the air with a thick smog.
0000The Cat thought, 'Great what are we going to do? Try the native cuisine? View the original architecture? We could have seen all of this in a Chinese restaurant.'
0000"C'mon guys. We'll take the subway to Tokyo Disney Land!"
0000'Jon...only you could think of something so unoriginal.' He took on a look of non-belief at what his master had just said.
0000The pets followed closely to the man, Jon as I will call him. They dropped down a flight of stairs to the underground subway system. It was a bit dark, even with all of the lights on the ceiling. The fumes of the over ground were gone but it was replaced with an increasingly packed area of people. Everything seemed fine until the ticket man tapped Jon on the shoulder.
0000*You can not bring pets on the subway.*
0000Up stepped a man behind man in a business suit. It was the guide from Jusenkyo! He must have taken translating on as his summer job when the springs were closed. 'Man say pets aren't allowed.'
0000'I wonder why Jon ever agreed to get an interpreter for 50 cents a word.' Garfield then saw what was coming next and stuck out his tongue.
0000"C'mere Garfield and Odie!"
0000Jon turned around and grabbed the animals, later letting go of two overly hairy children complete with t-shirts, pants, and baseball caps. Somehow this non-suave person got through fine. There must have been something amazing about his disguises. They then bordered the train with the large flow of people. Everything was calm until the next stop in the stuffy cart. The train door opened with a great rush of people. Garfield couldn't help but be separated unless he wanted to be walked all over.
0000'Jon!'
0000Garfield was continually swamped with passagers crossing by. As water does a boat, the people carried him upside to the streets. In consternation, all Garfield could try to do is escape. He was about to take a breath of the air when he was jerked up into the air which was probably a good thing.
0000"Ryoga?" said the young boy. His eyes fired with the energy of youth. "Ah! A cat!"
0000Garfield was about to claw the guy's eyes out but it was too late. He had dropped him straight onto his face, then disappearing. For some reason the person's red shirt and black pants stuck in his mind. They were distinctly different than the other orientals.
0000'I need something to eat while Jon searches for me...I'll go there.'
0000His nose pulled him to the fragrance of something he wasn't used to, yet it was somehow familiar. He entered the restaurant. It was pretty busy with almost every table filled. They all seemed to be eating the same food but in different variations. He made his pass by, stopping at this one girl. She looked to be friendly, guaranteeing that he would get something.
0000'Maybe I can get a free meal off of this bozo.'
0000Garfield hopped aboard the table and snatched her food before her attention was drawn back from her conversation she was captivated in. The girl had baggy pants and a tight shirt on. I guess it was the style.
0000*Nabiki,* cried the waitress, *cat ate food!*
0000Nabiki's eyes narrowed and then opened to display happiness. She pet Garfield and then looked back to the waitress.
0000*Actually, Shampoo, this is perfect! Now I don't have to search for a cat in the streets. Remember, if I get rid of Ranma's fear of cats by the end of the month I get 10,000 yen. Just give me another order of Ramen to lure it home with and my business is done here.*
0000Nabiki kept her distance, not wanting to pick it up. She did know, though, that it was not rabid or anything because of it's collar, telling he was registered and had gotten his shots. She eventually got him into her room and close the door, not being spotted by anybody. Her room was small, tradition of Japanese houses but still nice. There, Nabiki took a hold of Garfield's tag and looked with detail at it.
0000*Okay, Garfield. Here's the deal, you're staying here until I get rid of Ranma's phobia, then I return you to your owner. In the mean time you get the comfort of living her and eating here. Here's the one rule,* she grabbed Garfield by the neck, *don't claw my stuff!*
0000Garfield nodded in fear. Animal's have s strange understanding of people no matter what language they speak; and now he was getting the first glimpse of how scary a normally calm anime woman could be in Japan. She eventually let him go to roam outside of the room to get a feeling for his surroundings. The house wasn't that big, but it was still way more interesting than Jon's apartment. There was even a tree or two and a pond outside! Garfield's attention was drawn to a giant panda anyhow. He quickly went over to it and measured it up. After hopping around a bit he slid away after drawing it's attention.
0000'I didn't know people could actually be that hairy!'
0000Garfield then saw what he really needed to see. P-chan. Garfield sneaked nearer and nearer to it as it scurried, entering Akane's room. Following closely he saw it jump onto Akane's bed.
0000Taking notice of it's bandana, he though, 'Hmmm...competition or pork chops, I can't decide what to make of it.'
0000Garfield sprang...but he was too slow. P-chan had bolted off of the bed and was looking back at him. Garfield started a chase, every second of it he fell back a few feet because of his lack of exercise. Eventually Akane came into her room to see what was happening.
0000"A cat!? Where did you come from? Stop chasing P-chan!" She reacted quickly by kicking Garfield in the face. It was an excellent way to stop him dead. Akane walked over to P-chan who was huffing but all right.
0000"Are you okay, P-chan? I'm just going to take out the trash."
0000Akane walked down the hall out of her room, coming to Ranma's room with Garfield's body. She knocked the door a couple times until he answered.
0000"What is it!?" Ranma answered.
0000"Here this is yours."
0000Akane stuffed Garfield into Ranma's face. He simply freaked out, slamming the door shut. Akane stood there for a second, with the cats weight getting heavier every second. Her mind was starting to form a new hypothesis as to whom he belonged. She refused to believe that he had entered the same way as P-chan. Garfield wasn't that agile.
0000"If this isn't Ranma's cat then who's is it?"
0000Nabiki rushed by, grasping Garfield. As she ran she said, "Thanks Sis! I've been looking for him!"
0000"Huh? Nabiki has a cat?"
0000In her room, Nabiki checked over Garfield's injuries to find out how bad they were. He seemed to just have a flattened face. Waking up from his state of shock, Garfield started moving around.
0000'Did someone get the license number of that veilcle?'
0000*Garfield! If you chase my sister's pet you won't be able to stay here! Understand!?*
0000Garfield nodded, getting grin.. 'If I can't make sausage out of the bugger, I'll just have to my competitions life a living hell. Just like my chew dog.'
0000Kasumi's voice raced though the rooms, calling to everyone, *Dinner's ready!*
0000Garfield may not have completely understood the language, but he new what food smelled like. He zoomed so quick he almost broke the sound barrier. Immediately he started chowing down the closest plate. Other people came slowly. They made sure to avoid Garfield's play by sitting at other seats around him. Strangely the one person who should have been there was not.
0000Akane asked, "Where's Ranma?"
0000The missing one then slowly edged into the room. His face was pale as if all of the blood had been sucked out of it. He bellowed, "Why is that cat eating my food!?"
0000"You have to get rid of your phobia sometime. This is Garfield, a cat that I had gotten to work with you." Nabiki came up behind Ranma and pushed him forward, conjoling him, "Come on! Pet the cat."
0000Ranma made a real effort, but Garfield got wise as he nervously extended his arm. Garfield picked up his paw and extended his claws. Ranma freaked out again, running out of the room.
0000Smacking Garfield Nabiki said, *Stupid! You're supposed to help get rid of his fear of cats, not amplify it! Why don't you just leave for now?* Nabiki pushed Garfield off of the table and turned to where Ranma had run off. *Ranma! The cat's gone!*
0000Ranma edged slowly back into the room. He stared at his plate. *Most of my foods gone! And there's cat hair here on what's left!*
0000*Heh heh , sorry.* Nabiki was starting to feel pressured under the attention she had just awarded herself.
0000Akane then complained, *Nabiki, I don't want your cat chasing P-chan!*
0000*Really?* Ranma smiled, *Maybe that cat isn't so bad after all.*
0000Akane kicked Ranma in the stomach, causing him to stagger. "This is no laughing matter. I don't want P-chan getting hurt!"
0000*All right,* Nabiki said unhappily, *if Garfield does it again, I'll do whatever you want with it.*
0000Garfield in the meanwhile had wandered outside. He was going to see what there was to this city to do and what there is to see.
0000Jon had found out about Garfield's disappearance after he had left the dense subway station. There was finally a small enough number of people to see anything around himself. Disney land loomed over himself but it just didn't seem like much fun when you're missing a friend.
0000"Garfield where are you!? Odie, have you seen Garfield?"
0000Odie looked sad and faced the ground. Jon then raced to the nearest police station he could find; well, as quickly as he could push though the crowd and when he found his guide again.
0000"I'm not leaving Japan until I find him!"
Last Revision: 7/16/99
© 1999 Zachary Dovel Productions